Rivera Elementary School

Skip to main content
Reminder: Every Wednesday is a Modified Day, which means early dismissal for all students.  TK and Kindergarten dismiss at 12:00, grades 1-5 dismiss at 12:30. Please visit our Facebook Page: Rivera Elementary, our Instagram Page: riveraelementary and our Twitter Page: RiveraERUSD   Rivera has a NEW phone number (562) 801-7650
Kindergarten Registration 2015/2016 » Kindergarten Registration

Kindergarten Registration

Step 1
You will need the latest free version of Adobe Acrobat to download these forms.
Click here to download. Be sure to un-check any 3rd Party add-ins. Once download is completed, you may need to restart your computer.

Step 2
It is important that you read, fill out, print, sign and return each of the required forms listed below to your student's school(s).


Step 3
Please be sure to bring the following ORIGINAL documents with you to your student's school upon enrollment:

•Original Birth Certificate, Current Passport or Baptismal Certificate(TK-12). As required by State law, all children entering kindergarten must be five years of age on or before September 1, 2015.
*Transitional Kindergarten Program: If you have a child who will be turning five years old between September 2, 2015 and December 2, 2015, they are eligible for a transitional kindergarten program. Limited school sites will be offering Transitional Kindergarten. Parents will be contacted sometime in June before the end of the school year with their child’s assigned school site. We anticipate at this time that placement will be based on geographical clusters of north, south and central.

•Immunization Records, for current immunization information (TK-12). All children are required to have their vaccinations fully completed before enrolling in school, unless exempt, as provided by law. PLEASE NOTE: Students entering Grade 7 will need proof of a Tdap booster shot unless exempt, as provided by law.

•Two Documents as Proof of Residency (TK-12), for appropriate documents for address verification - 
1. Deed to a home; 
2. Escrow papers for a home;
3. Tax receipt (property taxes or personal taxes); 
4. Regular driver's license (not temporary) with residence address;
5. Receipt for deposit with the local utility company and/or receipt for bills paid to the local utility company, i.e., propane, SDG&E; 
6. Rental agreement with property owner or agent's signature (notarized or verified under penalty of perjury); 
7. Other government or business document which reliably establishes current residence, as determined by the District.

Step 4
Please visit our office once ALL necessary forms and documents are complete and in hand during assigned enrollment times.
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm

Please note the district policy states the enrollment process is not complete until you provide the school with all required forms in the link below and the original documents 
listed in Step 3.

Thank you!